University of Kragujevac, founded by the Republic of Serbia, is an independent higher education institution, which combines education, research and art, as components of unique education process and integrates the functions of all its faculties.
The University of Kragujevac consists of 12 faculties where 20000 students study on over 100 accredited study programs at all study levels (bachelor, master academic, integrated academic and doctoral studies, as well as vocational studies).
On the faculties of the University of Kragujevac, study programs are realized by about 1100 teachers and associates.
Until now over 34 000 graduated students, 1023 masters, 800 PhDs and 100 specialists have acquired their professional, academic and scientific titles at the faculties of the University of Kragujevac.
Out of the total number of teachers at the University of Kragujevac, according to the official records, more than 35% of them fulfill the requirements for mentors, in accordance with adopted standards, placing the University of Kragujevac among the highest ranked independent institutions in the Republic of Serbia. According to the research done by the National Council for Research and Technology Development, two faculties of the University of Kragujevac are ranked among top 10 scientific-research institutions:
- The Faculty of Medical Sciences, at fourth, and
- The Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, at tenth place.
Faculties of the University of Kragujevac have been engaged, as coordinators or as partners, in 132 projects funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia. Out of that number, faculties are coordinators in 27, and partners in 65 national projects.
Faculties are engaged as partners or as coordinators in around 16 international projects.
Total number of teachers and staff who participate in national projects is 521, while 44 are engaged in international.
At faculties of the University of Kragujevac, for the period 2011-2014, 27 projects, funded by the Ministry of Science and Technological Development, were implemented, as follows:
- 14 projects from the Program of basic researches,
- 10 projects from the Program of technological development,
- 3 projects from the Program of integrated and interdisciplinary research.
- Number of international partners 181
- International projects
- Publishing activity
- University Centers
- Scientific research at the University of Kragujevac
- At faculties, the scientific research is carried out within laboratories, institutes and centers 118 Research unites
- Catalogue on research and innovation potential of the University of Kragujevac